Thursday 15 December 2011

The land of dragons and fireflies.

I woke up this morning realizing I had too quickly and far too suddenly grown up. The age bit is hitting me just now and everything has the word 'future' in it. As clichéd as it is and we all know how hard I work to stay the hell away from that, it seems like yesterday I was imagining flying dragons on the wall of my bedroom, or like yesterday I was wondering how useful intentionally drowning....ookay it's not been all that great. But still, I feel like I'm running out of time in some cosmic way. Tick tock. How ironic to be running out of time for immortality. Where do I fit in all things greatness-related? In the past it seems things could exist for the simple act of existing, now it's all how they fit into life's equation. But why should any of it have to change, I know I die the day I conform, the day I accept, the day I be a victim of anything other than myself. Like Aragorn says in return of the king ' There is a day you will fall. But it is not this day.' or something or the other. I want the freedom of my own mind again. The freedom to be at odd intervals in a world where I'm the fairest in all the land and I have a tiny cottage by the lake (my current house is also by a lake just btw) and where people I hate can be beheaded in a violent fashion. Ah, the possibilities. Life might just start reeking of them and there's no reason to stop now.

2 comments:

  1. This is life ,babe.Well nicely written up.

    Follow each others blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe, I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award! <3
    But there are certain requirements you must fulfill in order to accept the award. So check out the details on my blog post here: http://ruminations-nt.blogspot.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Love youuu

    ReplyDelete