Thursday 3 November 2011

And then there was light.

This week I realized two very important things. Firstly that I'd thought I was guilty and overall something terrible except I have only recently been woken to the fact of how truly terrible human beings can be. So I don't really think I'm so bad anymore. Second, no matter what happens there is always something redeemable to be found. There are still so many beautiful people in the world that have more goodness in them than I ever thought possible, so yes I might never entirely lose my way. Take my best friend Tanya Husain for example.She's the only person who I would hold on to after everything is lost. I never frighten her, she never needs explanations, she's like an island that I can anchor to when I'm slipping and she is constant, always there...smiling that twisted smile in the distance. Kinda like what Lexi is to Stefan in the vampire diaries. I didn't really want a place in this world, but now I will live like nothing has ever lived before. There is a solid weight of rock underneath all my pain, underneath the crumbling surface and I will have to choose to see it amidst all this darkness. And for my sake I will have to remember who I am. And I will. I will very much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment